Boot Camp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for those who want to learn. And have little fun doing that.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ranged setup

Go down 
AuthorMessage
popeye2k8
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
popeye2k8

ranged setup Empty
PostSubject: ranged setup   ranged setup I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 6:31 pm

im a ranged user and these are the items i use

good cap of precog +5
chain of strength+5
cape of deathsower+5
good ring of youth
good ring of accuracy
good elvish shorts +5
good shuriken of reaction +1

my tatoo path is hunter.

your chance to hit stats as a ranged user is agility + perception. so anything that gives a good agility and/or perception boost is good as long as it meets armour requirements of your chosen tatoo.

precognition as headgear gives biggest perception boost.

cape of deathsower meets tatoo armour requirements at good. and has a decent agility boost as well as giving a decent damage boost.

elvish shorts are relatively cheap and are a good choice till you can get something better.

2 other stats which can be a problem are strength and reputation so for male characters i advise using signet jewellery and perhaps a chain for neck. female characters is tougher, so you may wish to use xxx of misdemeanor early on.

intelligence and knowledge need to be quite high. i would advise raising base stats to a decent level.

as for a weapon, experiment with what works for you. reaction is the best ranged suffix. shuriken has high number of attacks and pretty good damage. throwing knife has fewer attacks and no - to hit.

crossbow and heavy crossbow have high requirements and few attacks but they ignore defence, have + chance to hit and critical chance so can cause huge damage.

composite bow has good damage, +chance to hit (small) and high requirements.

there are other ranged weapons but these in my opinion are the main ones worth noting. javelin and pilum have few attacks and crazy high requirements so i wouldnt advise using them.

untill you can use a shuriken at higher level, long bows are a good choice, but change them for something better as soon as you can.

feel free to add to this and/or correct me guys
Back to top Go down

ranged setup
Page 1 of 1